Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It begins.....

Well, I have officially started IVF #2! I started the Lupron and other meds yesterday-my follicle suppression check is next Thursday and I will hopefully begin the stims that day. I just can't believe we are already here again:(!

There is a part of me that is excited to get moving on the cycle because I know where it can lead - it helps that so many of my blogging friends are on an IVF roll and it gives me great hope!
But, there is also a part of me that is so scared......I think I went in to IVF #1 thinking it would work and never thought of it not working. I really did not know what to expect through the monitoring process or in the TWW after ET. Now...it is so different...I know EVERYTHING to expect during and after, and that makes it MUCH more scary going into it.

4 good things going into the cycle to keep my hopes high....
1. Clinic is on a roll!
2. New practice is keeping me very busy!
3. Last fresh IVF went ideal (except for the crappy ectopic)
4. Baby dream-I know to most this would seem weird, but I swear never in my life have I had a dream that I actually had a baby. Last night, I dreamed vividly that I had a baby girl and we were having problems naming her after she arrived.

I hope these 4 lucky things are my clovers this cycle!

So it begins....and I hope it is the beginning new life!

9 comments:

Jen said...

I felt the exact same way starting IVF #2.

But this has to work for you. You need to keep the streak alive. Wishing you all the best!

Denise said...

Wishing you the best for this cycle! Hopefully you can add on to the positive streak!

Phoebe said...

Good luck to you! I found that for my second IVF, I was less stressed because I knew what to expect and I was much better at doing the shots.

Meg said...

You have a lot of luck on your side. Keep with those hopeful thoughts. I really hope this is it for you!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck sweetie, we are rooting for you guys. I will be checking in often!
Stephlipp

Penny said...

Things sound great so far! I love the idea of the clinic being on a roll, as I will be part of that roll next month.

Good luck with everything.

Christi said...

Good Luck w IVF #2! hope you don't mind me stopping by, I found your blog via freezer buns. I'm going on IVF #3 but my first at CCRM.

Mary said...

Maryanne,

That is WONDERFUL news!!! I say the baby dream is a GREAT sign! I will be checking back in often to see how everything progresses!!

Unknown said...

Hi, found your blog linked to another one I read. How was your supression check, did you start stims? I was supposed to start today, but I have a cyst and so will be on Lupron forever now. This is my first cycle. Looking forward to seeing you get your positive result!!