Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Down with the meds!!!

So today marks 5 weeks and I went in for my hormone check. Progesterone is way high at 288 and estrogen is also very high at 1989. Both are high enough that I get to start reducing meds to every other day. I go back Thursday for more BW to make sure levels are fine and they are thinking that I will be off all meds within 2 weeks.

I also had an external and internal U/S today. Due to my ectopic history with the last IVF and my OHSS this cycle, they wanted to check in on everything a little closer. I am so happy they are being so proactive this time!!! U/s went well-fluid from OHSS almost gone and no signs of ectopic. More beautiful than that I got to see one little gestational sac with fetal pole in right place(in my uterus)! For now, I am thrilled and am waiting with slight fear until I see that little flicker of a heart beat. We go in to check again in 8 days-very likely that we will see it then according to RE.

Symptoms thus far: cramps off/on, nausea, swollen/tender breasts, veiny everywhere, thirtsy. All are good signs that I happily welcome!

One hurdle at a time......

4 comments:

Denise said...

Wonderful news! Can't wait to hear about the next scan and a beautiful little flicker of a heartbeat!

Duffy said...

so so glad things are progressing so nicely for you!!! Congrats!

Jen said...

Yay! I am so thrilled for you! And those eight days can't come soon enough I'm sure! Congrats!

Mary said...

Great news!! Hope you only got MORE good news with yesterdays BW!

PS: Great symptoms, BTW!